Thursday, June 2, 2011

Reflecting

I've been toying around with the idea of starting a blog for a couple months now, as you can tell I caved. These last couple of months have brought major changes with it. As we grow older, we all face changes, I think it's how we deal with those changes that defines our character. Last month I graduated and then moved, these are both major life experiences. As scary as these can be, I'm looking forward to the exciting things to come.

I find that looking back at some of your favorite things can help ease the scariness of change. For me and those that know me, know that I turn to books. New, old, classic, modern, young adult, Shakespeare, as long as it has a good plot that I can get into, I'm happy. Whenever I curl up with a good book, I feel at ease. With so many things going on in life, it's nice to be able to turn back to familiar things, the characters in books become old friends you get reacquainted with, after a while a plot may connect with you more so than the first time you read it.

Thankfully, it is summer and I can relax, enjoy the wind cutting through the trees, the sun shinning.

I'm going to keep this entry short. I'll leave you with a quote from A. A. Milne's children's book:
"So they went off together. But wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in that enchanted place on the top of the Forest a little boy and his Bear will always be playing."

No comments:

Post a Comment